Killen & Associates offers a full business and commercial law service at cost-effective rates designed to assist small to medium enterprises in Bathurst and across the Central West. We understand that no two businesses are the same – they all have their own needs and risks, which is why they need legal advice tailored to their individual circumstances. When you work with us, we will deliver a practical, affordable legal solution to meet the unique needs and risks of your business. We recognise the importance of understanding your business and objectives. To us getting to know you and your business well is as important to us as the work we will do for you. Our clients come from a broad range of industries including software development, information technology, building and construction, education and training, hospitality, healthcare, primary production, and transport.
At Killen & Associates we are also passionate about startups. We have advised a number of startup businesses on matters including business structures, protection of intellectual property, shareholder agreements and founder vesting, employment law, and drafting of terms of services, and service agreements. Our Principal, David Killen is involved with Charles Sturt University’s CenWest Innovate program as a small business mentor and a mentor at the Upstairs Incubator.
Our business and commercial law services include:
- Purchase and sale of businesses.
- Business structures.
- Drafting commercial agreements, guarantees and security documents.
- Advice for company directors, shareholders and administrators.
- Advice on legislative requirements, including corporate structure, corporate governance and Corporations Act compliance.
- Advice on protection, commercialisation and enforcement of intellectual property rights including trademarks, copyright, patents and confidential information.
- Advice for start-ups, non-profit organisations and charities.
- Mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures & sales.
- Lending agreements and venture capital.
- Employee share & option schemes.
- Property and Leasing.
- Workplace and employment.
- Bankruptcy and insolvency.
- Business succession and asset protection.
Our offices are conveniently located in William St Bathurst, and we are available to meet you at your premises.
Ready for personal, practical legal solutions? Contact us today to arrange a consultation.
See what our clients are saying about us on our testimonials page.